About Course #B4289
Release Date: November 20, 2018
Expiration Date: November 20, 2021
This intermediate-level course presents an overview of intimate partner violence (IPV). Types of IPV, risk factors, and health consequences for victims are described, as well as IPV's effects at various life stages from children to older adults. Screening and assessment strategies are reviewed. Transcultural considerations are addressed, along with working with perpetrators and special populations, such as immigrants, pregnant women, and the LGBTQI community. On a very practical level, the course discusses legal issues, reporting requirements, and necessary documentation when working with victims of IPV. Case vignettes and safety planning worksheets are provided to illustrate key concepts.
Florida - Fulfills domestic violence requirement.
Social Workers participating in this course will receive 3 (clinical) continuing education clock hours upon successful course completion. Accreditations
New York Social Workers - This course does NOT meet the NY Social Work Board's criteria for acceptable continuing education.
Psychologists will receive 3 CE credits upon successfully completing this course. APA Approval
- Recognize the significance and magnitude of intimate partner violence (IPV) in the United States.
- Explain the dynamics of IPV across the life span.
- Describe the identification and assessment of IPV in various settings with attention to cultural considerations.
- Discuss effective prevention, intervention, safety, and referral strategies when working with victims of IPV.
- Explain special concerns when working with victims and perpetrators of IPV including legal concerns and strategies to protect and implement services for victims of IPV.
- Candace W. Burton, PhD, RN, AFN-BC, AGN-BC, FNAP
- Jessica R. Williams, PhD, MPH, PHNA-BC
- Tricia B. Bent-Goodley, PhD, MSW
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools' policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 3.2.0
- CLOUD, getContent, 64.7ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;