About Course #B4304
Release Date: January 16, 2019
Expiration Date: January 16, 2022
Behavioral health organizations share many of the same vulnerabilities as medical organizations when it comes to patient safety. However, certain sentinel events are more likely to occur in behavioral health organizations. The vast majority of professionals working in the behavioral health field receive no instruction on patient safety which also prevents them from being active participants in creating a culture of safety. This basic-level course presents such strategies as safety briefings, root cause analysis, speaking-up and full disclosure and describes areas of behavioral health care that are error prone (suicide risk assessment, mandatory reporting, and diagnosis).
Florida - Fulfills your entire Prevention of Medical Errors CE requirement.
Social Workers participating in this course will receive 2 (clinical) continuing education clock hours upon successful course completion. Accreditations
Psychologists will receive 2 CE credits upon successfully completing this course. APA Approval
- Identify strategies to improve client safety, such as safety briefings, root cause analysis, and disclosure.
- Identify adverse events that are common in behavioral health settings.
- Describe psychosocial needs of victims of medical error and their families.
About the Author
Joanne E. Turnbull, MSW, MA, PhD, earned her master's degree in social work and a master of arts degree and PhD in psychology from the University of Michigan. In addition to practicing as a psychiatric social worker, Dr. Turnbull has taught at the University of North Carolina School of Social Work, Columbia University School of Social Work, the University of Michigan School of Social Work, and in the department of psychiatry at Duke University.
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools' policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 3.2.0
- CLOUD, getContent, 111.87ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;