About Course #Q3564
Release Date: July 12, 2018
Expiration Date: July 12, 2021
This intermediate level course is designed to assist physical therapists and physical therapy assistants in evaluating, planning, and preparing their older adult clients to age in place. This toolkit will highlight the role physical therapy plays in enhancing the quality of life for older adults and to allow them to participate in meaningful activities while remaining in their homes as they age and make the necessary modifications to do so.
Texas PTs and PTAs - This activity is provided by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners Accredited Provider #2211021TX and meets continuing competence requirements for PT and PTA license renewal in Texas.
About the Author(s)
Monique Chabot, OTD, OTR/L, CAPS, CLIPP, has worked in home health for over 6 years, during which time she developed a passion for home design for seniors. Dr. Chabot currently works as an assistant professor of occupational therapy at Thomas Jefferson University-East Falls Campus (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University), where she often works on interprofessional design projects with architecture and interior design. Dr. Chabot received her master of science degree in occupational therapy from Thomas Jefferson University and her doctorate of occupational therapy from Boston University.
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that the course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools' policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
Find Supporting Aging in Place: A Physical Therapist's Toolkit - Q3564 in your state
- New Hampshire
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- Washington DC