About Course #Q3486
Expiration Date: May 22, 2019
Designed for therapists with limited background or training in screening techniques, this course describes how to screen patients for serious pathology and adverse drug reactions. The basic-level course discusses how to take a more effective patient history and develop a patient's risk factor profile, and how to determine whether preliminary findings warrant communication with the patient's physician. The therapist will be able to increase the specificity of their screening techniques, and more accurately identify patients in need of medical referrals while reducing the number of unnecessary referrals.
California PTs and PTAs - Approved by the Physical Therapy Board of California through Net Education Design, Inc., an agency recognized by the board to approved courses that meet Physical Therapy Regulations 1399.96.
New Jersey PTs and PTAs - Approval #1801-116 (2/1/18 - 1/31/20)
Texas PTs and PTAs - This activity is provided by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners Accredited Provider #1911021TX and meets continuing competence requirements for PT and PTA license renewal in Texas.
About the Author(s)
Bradley W. Stockert, PT, PhD, is a professor of physical therapy at California State University, Sacramento, where he received the Teacher of the Year Award in 2006. He obtained his master's degree in physical therapy from Stanford University and his doctoral degree in physiology from the University of California, Davis. Dr. Stockert has been teaching in physical therapist professional education programs for 25 years.
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that the course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools' policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.