About Course #Q3510
Release Date: June 14, 2017
Expiration Date: April 1, 2021
The purpose of this course is to provide physical therapists and physical therapist assistants with a current, comprehensive overview of rotator cuff injuries and the role of physical therapy examination, diagnosis and interventions, as well as review alternative and surgical approaches to the problem. This course will provide an in-depth review of relevant shoulder anatomy and biomechanics, examine potential causes for rotator cuff pathology, describe treatment techniques commonly used in individuals with rotator cuff pathology, and review indications and complications relating to rotator cuff surgery. The focus of this intermediate level course is to explore the current best evidence to assist in reducing the deficits in knowledge related to the cause of rotator cuff pathology, provide updated evidence related to diagnostic accuracy and effective interventions while highlighting the areas still in need of future research.
About the Author(s)
Lee N. Marinko, PT, ScD, OCS, FAAOMPT, graduated with a bachelor of science degree in physical therapy from Northeastern University in 1986 and completed her ScD in rehabilitation and movement science from Boston University in 2007. She completed a two-year fellowship in orthopedic manual physical therapy in 1998 and has been a certified fellow in the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy since that time. She has been a board-certified orthopedic specialist through the American Physical Therapy Association since 1996.
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that the course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools' policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
Find Rotator Cuff Injuries and Interventions: A Physical Therapy Perspective - Q3510 in your state
- New Hampshire
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- Washington DC