About Course #Q3521
Release Date: January 11, 2017
Expiration Date: April 1, 2021
This basic-level course provides licensed practitioners with information concerning the current state of medical errors, the impact of medical errors on the safety of patients, and the importance of establishing and working in a culture of safety. Contributing causes and types of medical errors are reviewed. Strategies to reduce or prevent medical errors and improve patient outcomes are presented. Methods to identify, analyze, and report medical errors are reviewed, populations at risk for medical errors are identified, and patient safety initiatives including education for the public and healthcare professionals are explored.
About the Author(s)
Joy Parchment, PhD, RN, NE-BC, is an executive nurse leader who is passionate about mentoring new nurse leaders. Dr. Parchment earned a master of science degree in nursing from Anna Maria College and a doctor of philosophy degree in nursing from the University of Central Florida, is boardcertified as a nurse executive from the American Nurses Credentialing Center, and holds a patient safety executive development program certificate from the Institute for Healthcare Improvement. She is a member of several professional nursing organizations and international associations and is the current president of the Central Florida Organization of Nurse Executives.
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that the course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools' policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
Find Protecting Patient Safety: Preventing Medical Errors, 2nd Edition - Q3521 in your state
- New Hampshire
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- Washington DC