About Course #Q3512
Release Date: May 16, 2017
Expiration Date: April 1, 2021
This course is focused on the community-based rehabilitation of people with lower limb amputation and is intended for physical therapists and physical therapist assistants. The course is of intermediate level difficulty, but provides a brief introduction to basic information about lower limb amputation and prosthetics. Information regarding all systems relevant to amputation rehabilitation with current evidence-based concepts for risk assessment and suggestions for out-patient rehabilitation activities are presented. Knowledge obtained through this course can be used by physical therapy professionals to improve the community-based care and clinical outcomes for people with lower limb amputations.
About the Author(s)
Christopher Kevin Wong, PT, PhD, OCS, is a graduate of the Columbia University Program in Physical Therapy in New York and earned his PhD in health education and research at Touro University International in Los Angeles, California. An orthopedic certified specialist since 2000, he practices in a private sports/orthopedic clinic in Westchester County, NY and continues his involvement with the Amputee Support Group and Prosthetic Clinic at New York Presbyterian Medical Center where he was the amputee specialist for 4 years. Dr. Wong now teaches prosthetics and orthotics as associate director in the Program in Physical Therapy and is an associate professor of rehabilitation and regenerative medicine at Columbia University Medical Center.
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that the course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools' policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
Find Lower Limb Amputation: Outpatient Community-Based Rehabilitation - Q3512 in your state
- New Hampshire
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- Washington DC