About Course #Q3560
Release Date: January 30, 2018
Expiration Date: April 1, 2021
Audio Book Available | This intermediate level course for healthcare professionals is an introduction into the complex crime of human trafficking, with a focus on sex and labor trafficking and the common symptoms and conditions that occur in trafficked persons. The course provides insights into the facts surrounding human trafficking and relevant health risks for the trafficked person.
Note: Access to the supplemental audio book will be provided after purchase.
- Describe human trafficking, including the types of trafficking and those populations most vulnerable to trafficking.
- Identify potential trafficked persons using clinical signs and screening tools.
- Describe components and implementation of trauma-informed care.
- Review appropriate national organizations and local resources when intervening in human trafficking cases.
About the Author
Hanni Stoklosa, MD, MPH, is an emergency physician at Brigham and Women's Hospital, faculty at Harvard Medical School, and a Human Trafficking and Forced Labor fellow at the T.H. Chan School of Public Health FXB Center for Health and Human Rights at Harvard University in Boston. She is an Institute of Medicine, American Board of Emergency Medicine fellow in health sciences policy and cofounder of HEAL (Health, Education, Advocacy, Linkages) Trafficking, an international network of professionals combating human trafficking from a public health perspective. Through her work, she seeks to advance research and policy on the health needs of human trafficking victims globally and locally.
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that the course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools' policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
Find Human Trafficking: Overview for Healthcare Professionals - Q3560 in your state
- New Hampshire
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina