About Course #Q3514
Release Date: May 16, 2017
Expiration Date: April 1, 2021
Home health care is the fastest growing industry in the United States based upon the projection period of 2014 to 2024. The demand and competition for licensed rehabilitation therapists to work in home health care is, and will be, great. Therapists currently working in or planning to work in home health agencies must have an understanding of the significance of process and outcomes measurement. The Outcome and ASsessment Information Set (OASIS) is a specific assessment and outcomes measurement instrument that consists of 111 items or questions and measures patient data at various times during the patient's stay in home care.
The purpose of this basic-level course is to provide home healthcare physical therapists with the information they need to understand the significance and importance of effectively using the OASIS instrument in order to deliver comprehensive, compassionate, patient-focused, and cost-sensitive skilled services in the home environment. By completing this course, therapists new to the home health setting will gain knowledge needed to begin working with the OASIS tool as part of an orientation in delivering certified home health therapy and overall care. This course focuses on OASIS-C2, the most recent update to OASIS, which went into effect January 1, 2017.
About the Author(s)
Mary Curry Narayan, MSN, RN, HHCNS-BC, COS-C, CTN-A, is a Clinical Nurse Specialist in home health nursing and is certified as a specialist in the Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) and in transcultural nursing. Mary currently provides consultation education and quality services to home health agencies. She serves on the Editorial Board of Home Healthcare Now and has published multiple articles and book chapters on enhancing home health nursing practice.
Arlynn Hansell, PT, HCS-D, HCS-H, HCS-O, COS-C, is a physical therapist in the home health field. She is a certified specialist in the Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS), as well as ICD-10 diagnostic coding. Arlynn currently provides coding and OASIS review to home health and hospice agencies. She is on the Board of Medical Specialty Coding and Compliance (BMSC), and was the recent vice president of the Home Health Section of American Physical Therapy Association (APTA).
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that the course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools' policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
Find Home Health Therapy: Using OASIS - Q3514 in your state
- New Hampshire
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- Washington DC