About Course #Q3542
Release Date: November 28, 2017
Expiration Date: November 28, 2020
This course provides rehabilitation professionals with an understanding of the transmission and prevention of HIV, the care of persons with HIV, and the issues of living with HIV. Recent changes in terminology and staging are covered. Legal and ethical issues, including recent changes in testing, confidentiality, and reporting requirements are discussed.
Florida PTs and PTAs - Fulfills one time HIV/AIDS requirement.
Texas PTs and PTAs - This activity is provided by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners Accredited Provider #1911021TX and meets continuing competence requirements for PT and PTA license renewal in Texas.
About the Author(s)
Leanna Marchand, RN, BSN, JD, is a founding partner in Marchand and Rossi, LLP, in Dallas, Texas. Mrs. Marchand practices healthcare law and civil litigation and earned her bachelor of science in nursing from Texas Woman's University and her law degree, cum laude, from Southern Methodist University School of Law. Mrs. Marchand is a member of the State Bar of Texas and the American Association of Nurse Attorneys, serves as an expert advisor to several committees of the Texas Nurses Association, and has a special interest in the prevention and treatment of HIV/AIDS. Mrs. Marchand also serves on the Board of Directors of the Team Connor Childhood Cancer Foundation.
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that the course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools' policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.