About Course #Q3572
Release Date: February 22, 2019
Expiration Date: April 1, 2021
Adults age 65 and older represent the fastest growing population both in the United States and in the world. Physical therapy practitioners and other rehabilitation providers play a pivotal role in maximizing function, participation, and well-being for older adults. This intermediate-level course will enable physical therapy practitioners to understand and assess functional performance in older adults using a multidimensional approach. Client factors (including physical, cognitive, and psychosocial factors) and their impact on performance skills will be reviewed.
About the Author(s)
Veronica Southard, PT, DHSc, GCS, CEEAA, is a full-time associate professor in the physical therapy program at the New York Institute of Technology, where she teaches geriatrics, modalities, neurorehabilitation, orthopedics, and ADL/rehabilitation. She obtained a bachelor's degree in physical therapy from Hunter College in 1979 and an advanced master's degree in physical therapy from Long Island University in 1986. In 2000, she was board-certified in geriatrics by the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties. In addition, she earned a doctorate in health sciences from the University of St. Augustine in 2004. She received certification as an exercise expert for aging adults in 2010 through the APTA Section on Geriatrics.
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that the course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools' policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
Find Functional Assessment of the Older Adult, 2nd Edition - Q3572 in your state
- New Hampshire
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- Washington DC