About Course #Y8059
Release Date: April 2, 2019
Expiration Date: December 31, 2021
This course provides an understanding of Medication Therapy Management (MTM), essential for pharmacists and other healthcare professionals. As a result of the passing of the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act (2003), beginning in 2006, health plans that provide Medicare Part D benefits were required to establish MTM programs to offer to customers who met certain criteria for enrollment. The goal of these MTM programs is to improve the use of prescription medications, improve the outcomes of medication use, and reduce adverse drug interactions, especially in high risk individuals such as those receiving Medicare benefits.
Universal Activity Number (UAN) - 0607-0000-18-059-H04-P
Type of Activity - Knowledge
Topic Designator - 04-General Pharmacy
- Explain the key components of medication therapy management (MTM) services, and define the five core elements of the MTM service model.
- Describe the economic and clinical outcomes that are affected when patient care services increase.
- Discuss the development of quality measures for MTM services and how these measures affect patient care.
- Describe emerging opportunities for delivering MTM services for future expansion and business growth.
About the Author
Corey E. Scheer, RPh, BS Pharm, PharmD, BCPP, completed her BS Pharm and Doctor of Pharmacy degrees at the University of Connecticut and then went on to complete a postgraduate year 1 residency at the University of Rochester Medical Center in Rochester, NY. From there, she completed a postgraduate year 2 residency specializing in psychiatric pharmacy at the Tuscaloosa VA Medical Center in Tuscaloosa, AL.
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools' policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.
Find Medication Therapy Management: An Overview for Pharmacists - Y8059 in your state
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- US Virgin Islands
- Washington DC
- West Virginia