About Course #I6408
Release Date: April 5, 2018
Expiration Date: April 5, 2021
This intermediate-level course provides rehabilitation therapists and therapy assistants with an opportunity to review the normal anatomy and physiology of the cardiopulmonary system, the pathophysiology of heart failure, and current medical, surgical, and therapy-based interventions. Appropriate for all therapy-based clinicians who work with persons with heart failure, this intermediate-level course reviews basic examination skills before progressing to the more advanced skills of auscultation and exercise testing interpretation.
AOTA Content Focus - OT Process: Evaluation, Intervention ; Professional Issues - Contemporary issues and trends
0.4 AOTA CEUs are awarded upon successful completion of this course.
About the Author(s)
Paul E. H. Ricard, PT, DPT, CCS, earned a bachelor's degree in sports biology in 2001 and a master's degree in physical therapy in 2003, both from Springfield College, Springfield, MA. He received a transitional doctor of physical therapy degree from A.T. Still University of Health Sciences in 2005, and has board certification as a clinical specialist in cardiovascular and pulmonary physical therapy through the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties through 2027.
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that the course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools' policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
Find Heart Failure: Implications for Diagnosis, Management & Rehabilitation 2nd Edition - I6408 in your state
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- US Virgin Islands
- Washington DC
- West Virginia