About Course #I6406
Release Date: May 31, 2017
Expiration Date: May 31, 2020
This basic course is designed to assist healthcare professionals in encouraging, teaching, and guiding older adults to actively practice healthy lifestyles. This course allows professional registered nurses, along with all other healthcare professionals that work with older adults to gain additional knowledge in geriatrics and be able to provide satisfactory care to improve outcomes for older adults. Healthcare professionals will be able to recognize the needs of older adult clients and develop person-centered plans to support optimal living and promote healthy aging. Additionally, this course will set the stage for developing a healthier society for all to age well and successfully.
AOTA Content Focus - Occupational Therapy Process: Evaluation, Intervention, Outcomes
1.0 AOTA CEUs are awarded upon successful completion of this course.
About the Author(s)
Fayron Epps, PhD, RN, has been a registered nurse for 16 years. She recently completed her postdoctoral fellowship with the National Hartford Center of Gerontological Nursing Excellence. She is currently employed as an Assistant Professor at Georgia State University. Additionally, Dr. Epps serves as adjunct faculty with the Louisiana State University Life Course and Aging Center. She is an active member with numerous professional organizations, including the Gerontological Society of America, National Gerontological Nurses Association, and International Dementia Scholars Collaborative. Most recently she has been elected to the Board of Directors for Louisiana Enhancing Aging with Dignity through Empowerment and Respect (LEADER).
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that the course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools' policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
Find Healthy Aging, 2nd Edition - I6406 in your state
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- US Virgin Islands
- Washington DC
- West Virginia