About Course #I6422
Release Date: January 15, 2019
Expiration Date: January 15, 2022
This basic-level course presents information on the diagnosis of Attention-Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)and the assessment tools and intervention strategies used in addressing this disorder. This course is designed for occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants who have the background knowledge required for working with individuals with neurobiological disorders such as ADHD.
AOTA Content Focus: Domain of OT - client factors; OT Process - Intervention; Professional Issues - Contemporary Issues and Trends
0.3 AOTA CEUs are awarded upon successful completion of this course.
About the Author(s)
Shelley Mulligan, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA, is an associate professor in the Department of Occupational Therapy at the University of New Hampshire. Dr. Mulligan received her bachelor's degree in occupational therapy from the University of Western Ontario, in London, ON, her master's of science degree in occupational therapy from Colorado State University in Fort Collins, CO, and her PhD in special education from the University of Washington, Seattle, WA. Dr. Mulligan's clinical and research interests include early intervention services; sensory integration; and the sensory and motor functions of children with attention disorders, sensory processing disorders, and autism spectrum disorders.
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that the course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools' policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
Find Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, 2nd Edition - I6422 in your state
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- US Virgin Islands
- Washington DC
- West Virginia