About the Course
Audience: This course meets the requirements for Nevada advanced practice nurses and all nurses responsible for the safe and effective prescribing practices for controlled substances.
- Describe key components of recent Nevada legislation that affect prescribing of controlled substances.
- Describe the concepts of prescription drug abuse, misuse, addiction, and diversion, including their recognition, risk factors, and prevention.
- Explain the laws pertaining to the prescribing of controlled substances, including the medication schedules, prescription-filling rules, and registration requirements.
- Discuss the treatment of pain, including evaluation, treatment, and medications used.
- Describe steps to ensure safe and effective prescribing of controlled substances, including professional documentation, patient–provider agreements, and informed consent.
About the Author
Katie Ingersoll, PharmD, Registered Pharmacist
Find Safe and Effective Controlled Substance Prescribing Practices for Nevada APNs - N19050 in your state