About the Course
The target audience for this education program is nurses who want to enhance their ability to assess pain and facilitate pain management.
- Define pain according to the International Association for the Study of Pain.
- Examine the physiology, classifications, and characteristics of acute and chronic pain.
- Address the impact of pain on economic and personal statuses, as well as on potential prescription drug abuse.
- Describe the requisite steps in assessing and treating pain.
- Explore the pain management resources available for patients and/or families.
About the Authors
Adrianne E. Avillion, D.Ed., RN and Wanda M. Baker, MN, RN, FNP, CNE
Find Pain: Is More than a Four-Letter Word - N19274 in your state
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington DC
- West Virginia