OASIS-E: Whats New
About the Course
The Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) is a group of standard data elements home health agencies (HHAs) integrate into their comprehensive assessment, to collect and report quality data to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). This course provides an overview and guidance for home health agencies (HHAs) on how to ensure the collection of high quality (accurate) OASIS data.
Since COVID and the increased incidence of home care, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services has found the need to revise some of the assessment criteria to ensure that the most accurate and comprehensive data is collected. This approach has helped the standardization across post-acute settings to uniformly collect determinants of health data and to enable calculation of standardization, cross setting quality measures (QMs), pursuant to the provisions of the Improving Medicare Post-Acute Care Transformation (IMPACT) Act.
Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Describe the elements of PDGM case mix groups.
- Relate completion of OASIS to payment.
- Explain what the HHVBP program does and the 3 categories included.
- List the 2 claims-based items included in the HHVBP program.
- List when the different OASIS assessments are completed and the general differences between them.
- Understand what disciplines can complete a SOC.
- Define completion window.
- Describe the components of medication management.
- Explain what is included in a drug regimen review.
- Define the basic intent of OASIS ADL items.
- Explain the difference between the M ADL/mobility items and the GG items.
- Briefly describe the differences between pressure ulcer stages.
- Define stasis ulcer.
- Understand timepoints for emergent care.
- Explain benefits of Oasis accuracy
About the Author
Lorie Schleck, DPT, is a doctoral prepared physical therapist and certified OASIS specialist with extensive clinical, quality, and operational experience in home health care. In her current role, she instructs clinicians in OASIS E, audits charts for clinical accuracy and quality outcomes, and uses analytics to promote efficiency under the PDGM and VBP payment models. Lorie is an experienced instructor, having designed and taught dozens of continuing education courses. She strives to be accurate, relevant, and engaging in her teaching style.?
How to Receive Credit
- View the entire recording which requires a 5-hour commitment of time.
- At the end of the course, answer the Yes/No Affirmation question to indicate that you have completed the educational activity.
- Specific to Florida: A mandatory Final Examination with a passing score of 75% or higher is required. Exam questions link content to the course Learning Objectives as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Provide required personal and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Planners, faculty, and others in control of content (either individually or as a group) have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri Healthcare, LLC not to accept support from ineligible companies. Furthermore, ineligible companies are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2023: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.
Accreditations and Approvals
Colibri Healthcare, LLC is accredited as a provider?of nursing continuing?professional development?by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.?