Making Sense of Dollars and Cents: Staffing Skills for Nurse Leaders
About the Course
Healthcare leaders have often found their way to a leadership position based on practice competence. However, practice competence does not equate to leadership competence. Understanding and translating workforce needs has always been paramount to effective leadership. In today’s healthcare environment this becomes even more important as we face workforce challenges never experienced in our past. This course will describe how to determine workforce needs and share concrete ideas on how to meet the challenges experienced today.
Listen, Learn, and Earn CE Hours with this podcast course. Available on Apple, Spotify, and other podcast apps.
Upon completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Utilize workforce opportunities to respond to current workforce challenges.
- Demonstrate how to calculate the number of FTE and skill mix needed and develop a staffing plan for your department.
- Analyze the impact non-productive time creates for additional FTEs in your department to avoid work disruption.
About the Presenter
Pamela Hunt BS, MSN, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN, is an experienced nurse executive with a demonstrated history of working in operations and the dissemination of information and education. Ms. Hunt is skilled in Quality, Safety, Caregiver Engagement, Healthcare Finance, especially productivity, and Patient Experience and has extensive experience working in community organizations to promote the health and wellbeing of all people. Ms. Hunt is also a national and international presenter and an author on topics of healthcare leadership.
How to Receive Credit
- Listen to the entire course online or in print which requires a 2-hour commitment of time.
- At the end of the course, answer the Yes/No Affirmation question to indicate that you have completed the educational activity.
- Specific to Florida: A mandatory Final Examination with a passing score of 70% or higher is required. Exam questions link content to the course Learning Outcomes as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Provide required personal and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Colibri Healthcare, LLC implemented mechanisms prior to the planning and implementation of the continuing education activity, to identify and resolve conflicts of interest for all individuals in a position to control content of the course activity.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri Healthcare, LLC not to accept commercial support. Furthermore, commercial interests are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2022: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.
Accreditations and Approvals
Colibri Healthcare, LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Course ID: 63967