Let's Talk About Anxiety
About the Course
This course will delve into anxiety, anxiety disorders, risk factors, and recognizing maladaptive signs and symptoms in patients. It will also allow for self-reflection related to anxiety.
Upon completion of this course, the learner will
- Describe anxiety and anxiety disorders, including risk factors and signs and symptoms.
- Implement mental health best practices for managing anxiety and anxiety disorders.
- Discuss self-care techniques to manage feelings of anxiety.
- Use interventions for patients experiencing acute anxiety.
About the Presenter
Sally K. Miller, PhD, AGACNP, AGPCNP, FNP-BC, PMHNP-BC, FAANP, is certified as an adult-gerontology acute care, adult-gerontology primary care, family, and psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). She practices in rural health with NextGen Family Care Clinic and iCarePsychiatry in Las Vegas, Nevada. Dr. Miller is a fellow of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) and a clinical professor at the Drexel University College of Nursing and Health Professions, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Additionally, Dr. Miller is the APRN consultant/investigator for the Nevada State Board of Nursing. Dr. Miller is also a Senior Fitzgerald Faculty member. She presents the Fitzgerald Nurse Practitioner Certification Exam Review & Advanced Practice Update for family, adult-gerontology primary care, adult-gerontology acute care, and psychiatric-mental health. She also teaches pathophysiology and pharmacology courses.
How to Receive Credit
- Read the entire course online or in print which requires a 1-hour commitment of time
- At the end of the course, answer the Yes/No Affirmation question to indicate that you have completed the educational activity.
- Specific to Florida: A mandatory Final Examination with a passing score of 75% or higher is required. Exam questions link content to the course Learning Objectives as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Provide required personal and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest*
Planners, faculty, and others in control of content (either individually or as a group) have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri Healthcare, LLC not to accept support from ineligible companies. Furthermore, ineligible companies are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2023: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.
Accreditations and Approvals
Colibri Healthcare, LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation