Release Date: February 15th, 2020
Expiration Date: February 14th, 2023
The purpose of this basic-level course is to equip dental professionals with the ability to recognize the classifications and classic signs and symptoms of diabetes mellitus, to grasp the relationship between periodontal disease and diabetes, and to identify periodontal and other oral manifestations associated with diabetes, including attachment loss, alveolar bone loss, gingivitis, xerostomia, and oral candidiasis.
1. Describe the classic signs and symptoms of the different types of diabetes.
2. Explain the association between periodontal disease and diabetes.
3. Identify periodontal and other oral manifestations of diabetes.
4. List dental treatment considerations for diabetic patients.
5. Identify the potential adverse interactions between common oral hypoglycemic medications and medications used adjunctive to dental treatment.