About Course #L0958
Release Date: August 29, 2018
Expiration Date: August 29, 2021
Oral cancers are part of a group of cancers commonly referred to as head and neck cancers, and of all head and neck cancers, they comprise about 85% of that category. Treatment of oral cancers is ideally a multidisciplinary approach involving the efforts of surgeons, radiation oncologists, chemotherapy oncologists, dental practitioners, nutritionists, and rehabilitation and restorative specialists. This intermediate-level course outlines the dental professionals role in helping their patients before, during and after oral cancer therapy.
AGD Subject Code: 730
- Discuss the pretreatment initial examination for patients who are about to undergo oral cancer treatment for the first time and patients with history of head and neck cancer.
- List the pretreatment objectives for patients with oral cancer.
- Explain the treatment planning and management of patients both during and after oral cancer therapy.
Western Schools designates this activity for 3 continuing education credits.
About the Author(s)
Veronica Powers, DMD, received a BS degree from Providence College and a DMD degree from the Oregon Health and Science University. After working for four years as a general dentist in Portland, Oregon, Dr. Powers returned to New York City to serve as lead dentist for Phoenix House Foundation in Brooklyn, New York, where she provided comprehensive treatment for the residents of a rehabilitation facility.
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that the course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools' policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.