About Course #L0854
Release Date: January 31, 2018
Expiration Date: January 30, 2021
The continuing need for denture treatment in the Unites States means a necessary relevance for updated concepts and procedures in dental curriculums. New light has been shed on different denture treatment approaches, such as digital technology, which is likely to be more commonplace for the near future. Such modern techniques may not have been initially taught to current practitioners in the field.
This intermediate-level course is intended to serve as both a review and an introduction to some of the more recent information and developments in complete denture fabrication. After completing this course, the practitioner will be better equipped to provide quality denture care in a less stressful and more cost-effective manner for both clinician and patient.
AGD Subject Code: 670
- Identify reasons for the need for complete denture treatment.
- Discuss the consequences of edentulism and the comorbidities involved.
- Describe the maxillary and mandibular anatomy essential for complete denture support and the impression procedures necessary to obtain accurate preliminary and final impressions.
- Select anterior teeth for complete dentures based on current research recommendations.
- Develop an evidence-based philosophy of complete denture occlusion.
- Describe the key elements involved in the digital denture technique.
- Explain key factors in patient satisfaction with complete denture treatment.
Western Schools designates this activity for 3 continuing education credits.
About the Author(s)
Jeffrey L. Tarlow, DDS, earned his doctorate in dental surgery from Case Western Reserve University School of Dentistry in Cleveland, Ohio, before pursuing a Clinical Fellowship in Prosthetic Dentistry at Harvard University School of Dental Medicine and a residency in fixed and removable prosthodontics at the Veterans Administration Outpatient Clinic in Boston. He served as a dentist for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for more than 40 years, serving 34 of those years as a staff prosthodontist.
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that the course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools' policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
Find Complete Dentures: A Review for the Dental Professional - L0854 in your state
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- US Virgin Islands
- Washington DC
- West Virginia