About Course #L0869
Review Date: January 18, 2018
Expiration Date: January 18, 2021
This intermediate-level course begins with a foundational review of the epidemiology and pathogenesis of HIV/AIDS, the modes of transmission, and methods of prevention in the dental healthcare setting.
AGD Subject Code: 752
- Describe the current epidemiology of HIV/AIDS.
- Review the basic pathogenesis of HIV as it relates to the CD4+ lymphocyte.
- List the modes of transmission of HIV/AIDS and the methods to prevent its transmission in the dental environment.
- Identify the most common oral manifestations of HIV/AIDS and their impact upon dental treatment.
- Describe the medical management of HIV/AIDS and its implications for oral health and the prognosis of this disease.
- Discuss the dental treatment modifications that may be necessary for patients with HIV/AIDS, especially during the advanced stages of immunosuppression.
California Dental Professionals - This course does not fulfill your infection control requirement.
About the Author(s)
Mark Szarejko, DDS, received his dental degree from the State University of New York at Buffalo School of Dentistry in 1985 and Fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry in 1994. He has been an examiner for the State of Florida Dental and Dental Hygiene Licensure Examinations since 1994. He has also served as an expert witness for the State of Florida and for private companies.
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that the course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools' policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
Find A Review of HIV/AIDS for Dental Professionals - L0869 in your state
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- US Virgin Islands
- Washington DC
- West Virginia