ReleaseDate: February 15th, 2020
ExpirationDate: February 14th, 2023
After completing this basic-level course, the learner willbe able to discuss the most commonly used herbal medicines in the UnitedStates. A stoplight approach to risk assessment is discussed and a generalstrategy to avoid the most common herbal-drug interactions is suggested.Critical patient populations are emphasized and specific herbal-druginteractions that can lead to increased bleeding, decreased blood glucoselevels, and sedation changes are discussed. This course is specificallydesigned for all members of the dental healthcare team: dentists, dental hygienists,and dental assistants.
1. Describethe prevalence and risk for interactions involving herbal medications.
2. List theherbal medications and drugs of greatest concern to dental professionals.
3. Describethe ways in which levels of risk for herbal-drug interactions are evaluated.
4. Identify the medical and dentalimplications for drug interactions with specific herbal medications.
5. Discuss the special considerations ofherbal-drug interactions for pregnant or breastfeeding dental patients.
Find Herbal-Drug Interactions Important in Dentistry, 2nd edition - L1005 in your state
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- US Virgin Islands
- Washington DC
- West Virginia