Release Date: February 15th, 2020
Expiration Date: February 14th, 2023
This basic-level course helps to protect both patient and practitioner safety by DHCP with a review of the guidelines contained in these well-established documents as well as of recent research on infection control challenges in the dental setting.
1. Explain the importance of infection control in dentistry.
2. Outline the CDC recommendations and OSHA regulations for infection control in the dental healthcare setting.
3. Identify standard (universal) precautions.
4. Describe personal protective equipment.
5. Identify environmental infection control procedures.