About Course #L0908
Release Date: October 25, 2018
Expiration Date: October 25, 2021
VIDEO COURSE | The practice of dentistry is multifaceted. Not only must dental professionals have the technical skills to treat patients appropriately and safely, they must also practice within a professional ethical framework that is sometimes more challenging than the dental procedures themselves. This interactive video course, created with adult learners in mind, uses engaging video and animations to help dental professionals gain a better understanding of dental ethics, professionalism and current ethical challenges to the profession, with particular emphasis on the impact of the digital age.
This video course should not be taken in conjunction with its hard copy/online version L0900 or with L0948 Dental Ethics and the Digital Age: 3 Hour, Updated 1st Ed.
AGD Subject Code: 555
- Describe the evolution of healthcare ethics, including events that have affected development of the principles of ethics that guide the dental profession
- Describe how codes of ethics and concepts of professionalism guide the dental practitioner's relationships and obligations.
- Identify current and emerging ethical challenges facing dental professionals.
- Describe how ethical decision-making models help dental professionals recognize and address ethical dilemmas in practice.
Western Schools designates this activity for 2 continuing education credits.
About the Author(s)
Toni M. Roucka, RN, DDS, MA, is an associate professor and associate dean for academic affairs at Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine in Alton, Illinois. She is a Fellow of the American College of Dentists and current president of the American Society for Dental Ethics, a special section of the American College of Dentists. Dr. Roucka obtained her DDS degree from the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry and master's degree in population health - bioethics from the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee. Dr. Roucka is a nationally recognized speaker and has written extensively on the subject of ethics in dentistry. She currently writes a regular ethics column for General Dentistry, the journal of the Academy of General Dentistry.
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools' policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.
Find Dental Ethics in the Digital Age VIDEO Course - L0908 in your state
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- US Virgin Islands
- Washington DC
- West Virginia