Weaning From Mechanical Ventilation
Kindle Fire|Amazon Kindle Fire
Barnes & Noble Nook Color
Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Opus
Gnu/Linux Operating System
Pocketbook 301 Plus, 302, 360°
When available, the Online Course format is included with the hard copy, eBook, or audio book formats!
This course on weaning includes: muscle fatigue and atrophy, work of breathing, assessment criteria, monitoring parameters, SIMV procedure, SIMV with PSV procedure,and the t-piece time trials (intermittent removal) procedure.
AARC Approval #145529000
- List conditions that may lead to mechanical ventilation.
- Explain factors to consider prior to weaning.
- List assessment criteria for discontinuance or weaning from mechanical ventilation.
- List adverse reactions to weaning changes.
- Describe the weaning procedures outlined in the material.
- Discuss evidence-based guidelines for weaning and discontinuing ventilatory support.
- Explain progressive withdrawal from mechanical ventilation.
- Compare and contrast spontaneous breathing trials with automated weaning.
- Perform clinical practice exercise.
- Describe rapid shallow breathing index.
- Contact hours will be awarded for up to one (1) year from the date the course is ordered, unless otherwise indicated with an expiration date.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools’ policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.