Kindle Fire|Amazon Kindle Fire
Barnes & Noble Nook Color
Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Opus
Gnu/Linux Operating System
Pocketbook 301 Plus, 302, 360°
When available, the Online Course format is included with the hard copy, eBook, or audio book formats!
Surgical procedure, types and sizing of tracheostomy tubes are discussed in this course.
- Define tracheotomy.
- List the NAMDRC indications for implementing tracheotomy.
- List the complications of a tracheotomy beginning with the actual surgical procedure and the complications over time and the advantages of a tracheotomy.
- Describe the tracheotomy procedure and how to assist the physician with the procedure including the placement of the tracheostomy tube on chest X-ray.
- List the general care considerations of a tracheotomy.
- Identify the indications and procedure for an emergency and routine tracheotomy change.
- List the steps, equipment, and supplies required for tracheostomy care.
- Give examples of problems that may be encountered during the care of tracheostomy tubes.
- Define precautions to keep in mind while caring for a patient with a tracheostomy tube.
- Compare and contrast laryngectomy tubes, fenestrated tubes, metal and foam-cuffed tubes.
- Compare and contrast a Passy-Muir Valve, Olympic Button and Kistner Valve.
- Discuss percutaneous tracheostomy procedure.
- Contact hours will be awarded for up to one (1) year from the date the course is ordered, unless otherwise indicated with an expiration date.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools’ policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.