Surfactant Administration in the Neonate
Kindle Fire|Amazon Kindle Fire
Barnes & Noble Nook Color
Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Opus
Gnu/Linux Operating System
Pocketbook 301 Plus, 302, 360°
When available, the Online Course format is included with the hard copy, eBook, or audio book formats!
This course is designed to explain the evolution of surfactant replacement therapy and assist in the training of those administering exogenous surfactant replacement.
AARC Approval #145525000
- List the proven benefits of surfactant administration.
- Define the cause of respiratory distress syndrome (RDS).
- Recall the physiologic functions of surfactant.
- Explain the difference between prophylactic administration and rescue or therapeutic administration of surfactant.
- Define the indications for prophylactic administration of surfactantand the indications for therapeutic administration of surfactant.
- State the two clinical indicators of RDS and the two contraindications for surfactant administration.
- List the physiologic and procedural hazards and complications of surfactant administration.
- List the expected outcomes of surfactant administration.
- Compare and contrast dosing of Survanta and Curosurf.
- List the steps in preparation for instillation of surfactants and for surfactant instillation.
- Outline the required parameters to be monitored before, during and after surfactant administration.
- Identify one alternative method of surfactant administration.
Susan Jett Lawson, RCP, RRT-NPS. RCECS Author
- Contact hours will be awarded for up to one (1) year from the date the course is ordered, unless otherwise indicated with an expiration date.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools’ policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.