When available, the Online Course format is included with the hard copy, eBook, or audio book formats!
The use of home positive airway pressure (PAP) machines is steadily increasing as more patients are being diagnosed with sleep apnea. This brief course discusses the sleep apneas (OSA, CSA, and MSA) and the newest modes available for home PAP machines, which offer more options and settings as well as improved tolerance and compliance than their predecessors. A basic understanding of home PAP machines is assumed.
- Explain the most common sleep disorders, including obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
- List the indications and the contraindications for home positive airway pressure (PAP).
- Identify safety precautions for home PAP.
- Explain how the ramp setting operates.
- Summarize the benefits of C-Flex™ with CPAP.
- Describe how to utilize Auto-CPAP.
- Explain how the memory card is beneficial when used with PAP machines.
Beth Eliot, MS, RRT-NPS, is a independent facilitator for patient advocacy for the underprivileged in her immediate community. Beth received her master’s degree in microbiology from Georgetown University, a bachelor’s degree in emergency medical care from Loma Linda University, and an AS RT from Victor Valley College. She gained her experience working at Loma Linda University Medical Center and Children’s Hospital in the NICU, PICU, and emergency departments; as an adjunct faculty member at Loma Linda University; and at Victor Valley College as a clinical instructor.
- Contact hours will be awarded for up to one (1) year from the date the course is ordered, unless otherwise indicated with an expiration date.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools’ policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.