When available, the Online Course format is included with the hard copy, eBook, or audio book formats!
An overview of many common restrictive lung diseases including information on the signs, symptoms and diagnostic testing related to treating lung disorders that impair the ability to expand the lungs.
AARC Approval #145609000
- Describe restrictive pulmonary diseases and disorders and factors which contribute to them.
- Identify the physiologic differences between restrictive and obstructive lung diseases.
- Recognize the unique signs and symptoms of restrictive pulmonary diseases.
- Describe early risk factors that may contribute to the development of an occupational lung disease.
- Identify components of a clinical diagnostic workup for restrictive pulmonary disorders.
- Discuss how restrictive pulmonary disorders are diagnosed.
- Differentiate the course of treatment and medical care between restrictive lung disease and obstructive lung disease.
- Discuss how to select the appropriate treatment and medical care for various pulmonary disease processes.
- Recognize the long term prognosis associated with restrictive lung diseases.
- Explain how special considerations can aid in managing the care of the patient with a restrictive disorder.
- Contact hours will be awarded for up to one (1) year from the date the course is ordered, unless otherwise indicated with an expiration date.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools’ policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.