When available, the Online Course format is included with the hard copy, eBook, or audio book formats!
Details and goals in alternate site care, governmental regulations, patient assessment and documentations, patient and family education, oxygen therapy and more are covered in this course.
AARC Approval #145523000
- State the goals of respiratory home care.
- Explain the role of government programs in home care.
- Perform patient assessment and documentation according to guidelines.
- Summarize the methods and goals of patient and family education.
- Compare the different types of oxygen therapy typically used in the home.
- Classify the respiratory medications frequently used by home care pulmonary patients.
- Describe the various airway care and clearance therapies.
- List important screening factors prior to utilizing mechanical ventilation in the home.
- Identify the patient assessment skills and equipment assessment skills that the patient’s family/caregiver must be able to perform for a home care ventilator patient.
- Summarize the basic guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting home care equipment.
- Contact hours will be awarded for up to one (1) year from the date the course is ordered, unless otherwise indicated with an expiration date.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools’ policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.