When available, the Online Course format is included with the hard copy, eBook, or audio book formats!
This continuing education course will allow respiratory therapists to learn to recognize the symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea and other common sleep disorders and current treatment methods. Sleep loss and sleep disorders and have been associated with a wide range of health consequences.
AARC Approval #146525000
- Discuss the purpose and stages of sleep.
- Recognize common sleep disorders.
- Recognize the symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea.
- Describe the process of diagnosing obstructive sleep apnea.
- Define the diagnostic criteria for obstructive sleep apnea.
- Describe the treatments for obstructive sleep apnea.
Jarrod Rowe, RPSGT, RST, is the technical director of the A-STEP Program for the Athens Sleep and Wellness Center, Athens, Georgia. Mr. Rowe is a registered polysomnographic technologist (RPSGT) and a registered sleep technologist (RST). He has worked in sleep medicine as a polysomnographic technologist since 2008. Mr. Rowe has been a presenter at national conferences such as Sleep Health 2012, where he conducted a sleep staging and scoring workshop, and the Georgia Association of Sleep of Sleep Professionals 2013 conference, where he presented on sleep scoring. He is a technical member on the Board of Directors for the Georgia Association of Sleep Professionals.
- You must pass the final exam with a grade of 75% or higher and complete the course evaluation to earn contact hours and receive a certificate of completion.
- Contact hours will be awarded for up to one (1) year from the date the course is ordered, unless otherwise indicated with an expiration date.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools’ policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this activity have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to this activity.