When available, the Online Course format is included with the hard copy, eBook, or audio book formats!
Newest modes available on mechanical ventilators including: volume support, pressure regulated volume control, pressure control with pressure support, and the Automode.
AARC Approval #145519000
- List the potential applications of the volume support (VS) mode.
- Identify important ventilator parameters to set in the VS mode.
- Explain how to utilize the VS mode.
- List potential applications of the pressure regulated volume control (PRVC) mode.
- Explain how to utilize the PRVC mode.
- Provide a technical description of the SIMV PC + PS mode.
- Explain how to utilize the SIMV PC + PS mode.
- List the potential applications of the Automode.
- Provide a technical description of the Automode feature.
- Describe how to troubleshoot problems one may encounter in each mode described in this course: VS, PRVC, SIMV PC + PS, and Automode.
- Contact hours will be awarded for up to one (1) year from the date the course is ordered, unless otherwise indicated with an expiration date.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools’ policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.