When available, the Online Course format is included with the hard copy, eBook, or audio book formats!
The most common neuromuscular disorders seen in respiratory care are detailed in this course with symptoms, tests, and treatments.
- Describe how neuromuscular weakness can affect the ventilatory muscles.
- Explain the function of the neuromuscular junction and the function of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine (ACh).
- Explain how to manage respiratory muscle weakness and name the most common neuromuscular diseases.
- Describe the characteristics of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).
- List the signs and symptoms of ALS and typical testing for ALS as well as the typical treatment plan for ALS.
- Describe the characteristics and signs and symptoms along with a typical treatment plan for Guillain-Barré Syndrome.
- Describe the characteristics, the signs and symptoms, and the testing and monitoring of Myasthenia Gravis.
- Outline a typical treatment plan for Myasthenia Gravis.
- Explain Polio and Post Polio Syndrome (PPS).
- List the muscular dystrophies.
- Explain myopathies and myopathic disease.
- List other neuromuscular disorders.
- Contact hours will be awarded for up to one (1) year from the date the course is ordered, unless otherwise indicated with an expiration date.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools’ policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.