Mechanical Ventilation: An Overview
Kindle Fire|Amazon Kindle Fire
Barnes & Noble Nook Color
Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Opus
Gnu/Linux Operating System
Pocketbook 301 Plus, 302, 360°
When available, the Online Course format is included with the hard copy, eBook, or audio book formats!
Indications, complications, and modes of operation of mechanical ventilation are covered in this course as well as initiation and management.
- Compare and contrast spontaneous breathing to positive pressure ventilation.
- List the effect positive pressure ventilation has on ventilatory, circulatory, central nervous, renal and digestive systems.
- Explain acute hypoxemic respiratory failure (Type I).
- Explain acute hypercapnic respiratory failure (Type II).
- Compare and contrast the goals of mechanical intervention for Type I and Type II respiratory failure.
- List the indications for mechanical ventilation.
- Summarize the complications of positive pressure ventilation.
- Define the common modes and new of mechanical ventilation.
- List the initial parameters and setting guidelines for mechanical ventilation.
- Discuss adjustment of ventilator parameters after reviewing ABG results and patient's clinical status.
- Identify the mode of ventilation used in the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea.
- Select the amount of pressure support level needed to overcome patient circuit resistance.
- Describe the modes of ventilation that are combination modes.
- Describe the operational functions of selected modes of ventilation.
- Define automode ventilation.
- Contact hours will be awarded for up to one (1) year from the date the course is ordered, unless otherwise indicated with an expiration date.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools’ policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.