When available, the Online Course format is included with the hard copy, eBook, or audio book formats!
This course discusses how to develop and implement an emergency preparedness / response / recovery plan for Health Care facilities.
- Understand why we must plan for emergencies and disasters.
- Define what an effective emergency plan should include and the role of the plan administrator.
- Understand the importance of getting executive/owner support.
- Recognize the hazards facing a health care facility.
- Prepare a Vulnerability Analysis.
- Understand the planning process.
- List the emergency management elements of a plan.
- Define the primary steps in developing an emergency/disaster plan.
- Identify issues and concerns that should be addressed when developing a plan and form a planning team.
- Understand what Business Resumption Planning is.
- Prepare a Business Impact Analysis (BIA).
- Define critical business functions and Recovery Team responsibilities.
- Contact hours will be awarded for up to one (1) year from the date the course is ordered, unless otherwise indicated with an expiration date.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools’ policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.