When available, the Online Course format is included with the hard copy, eBook, or audio book formats!
This course describes the symptoms of sleep apnea and non-invasive methods of treating sleep disorders by the use of CPAP / BIPAP. The purpose of positive airway pressure (PAP) is discussed and the importance of patient education regarding PAP use is explained.
- Identify the symptoms of sleep apnea.
- Describe the purpose of Positive Airway Pressure (PAP).
- Explain the importance of patient education regarding PAP use.
- Describe the titrating procedure to correct breathing disruptions during sleep.
- Identify when Bi-Level Pressure may be indicated.
- Identify other treatment options for sleep apnea.
- Contact hours will be awarded for up to one (1) year from the date the course is ordered, unless otherwise indicated with an expiration date.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools’ policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.