Kindle Fire|Amazon Kindle Fire
Barnes & Noble Nook Color
Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Opus
Gnu/Linux Operating System
Pocketbook 301 Plus, 302, 360°
When available, the Online Course format is included with the hard copy, eBook, or audio book formats!
This course discusses seven types of artificial adult airways as well as indications, complications, emergencies and care, with a special focus devoted to endotracheal and tracheostomy tubes as used in the acute care environment.
AARC Approval #145604000
- Identify the characteristics, medical indications, and clinical contraindications and cautions as well as quantifiable advantages and disadvantages of the following artificial airways:
- Endotracheal tubes
- Tracheostomy tubes
- Laryngeal Mask Airway (LMA)
- Esophageal-Tracheal Combitube™
- Double Lumen Endotracheal Tubes (DLET)
- Describe an endotracheal tube changer and its’ use along with the clinical general steps in tracheal tube weaning.
- Identify and describe three stoma maintenance devices.
- Define and explain the effects of an artificial airway on a patient’s work of breathing.
- List the specific quantifiable conditions that require airway management.
- List the clinical conditions that may require emergency tracheal intubation.
- Explain the proven care necessary to prevent complications associated with artificial airways.
- Describe two scientific different methods of securing an endotracheal tube.
- Describe two techniques to prevent excessive intra-cuff pressures.
- Identify the three primary clinical emergencies the clinician may encounter when dealing with artificial airways.
- List the medical criteria that are factors in a patient being at greater risk for re-intubation.
- Identify five general recommendations for care of the artificial airway.
- Contact hours will be awarded for up to one (1) year from the date the course is ordered, unless otherwise indicated with an expiration date.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools’ policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.