When available, the Online Course format is included with the hard copy, eBook, or audio book formats!
Release Date: November 19, 2018
Expiration Date: November 30, 2021
A woman’s health is affected by biological, social, economic, and psychological influences. It is imperative that the nurse assess these factors when these women presents for care. Additionally, the nurse should stay current with screening techniques for early detection of as well as treatment options for common diseases in postmenopausal women. This course is intended for nurses involved in the health care of postmenopausal women. The purpose of this course is to help the nurse caring for women at postmenopause recognize the most up-to-date standards and guidelines in order to help postmenopausal women make appropriate lifestyle choices.
This course is an extraction of, and should not be taken in conjunction with, N1788 Transition to Menopause, 2nd Edition.
- Discuss female sexuality at postmenopause.
- Differentiate among primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention.
- Describe the various screening tests that need to be performed on women at middle age and beyond.
- Discuss chronic illnesses that can affect women at postmenopause.
- Identify the risks for elder mistreatment and potential dangers resulting from polypharmacy.
Deborah Stiffler, PhD, RN, CNM, has more than 30 years of nursing experience caring for women of all ages and sociodemographic backgrounds. Dr. Stiffler is an associate professor at Indiana University School of Nursing and has served the Indiana University School of Nursing in various capacities since 2000. In addition to serving as a nurse educator, Dr. Stiffler has contributed to the women’s health profession by using an interprofessional approach to her practice as a certified nurse-midwife, integrating social work, pharmacy, radiology, physical therapy, genetic counseling, and much more into the clinical setting. In addition to her clinical experience, Dr. Stiffler has authored many research publications on women’s health issues.
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools’ policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.