When available, the Online Course format is included with the hard copy, eBook, or audio book formats!
PLEASE NOTE: In accordance with accreditation criteria, contact hours will not be awarded for completion of this course beyond February 28, 2017.
Expiration Date: February 28, 2017
This course helps nurses assess the physical, psychological and social health of older adults. It offers a comprehensive biopsychosocial and spiritual approach to geriatric assessment and provides information on cultural competency and special clinical considerations for interviewing an older adult.
California Nursing Home Administrators - NHAP approved for 3 hours through July 19, 2017.
- Explain the impact of sociodemographic characteristics on health and aging.
- Describe the physical domains related to the comprehensive assessment of older adults.
- Describe the psychological domains related to the comprehensive assessment of older adults.
- Describe the social domains related to the comprehensive assessment of older adults.
- Explain special factors that must be considered in using assessment tools with older adults.
Kathy Black, PhD, MSW, MSG, MPH, is a professor of social work and gerontology at the University of South Florida, Sarasota-Manatee, a Hartford Geriatric Social Work Faculty Scholar, and a fellow of the Gerontological Society of America. Dr. Black obtained her doctorate degree from the University at Albany, State University of New York, in 2000, master’s degrees in social work and gerontology from the University of Southern California in Los Angeles (1988), and a master’s degree in public health from the University of California at Los Angeles (1990). Dr. Black has worked with older adults and their families as a nurse, social worker, and geriatric case manager for more than 25 years in acute care, long-term care, and home- and community-based settings.
- Contact hours will be awarded for up to one (1) year from date of purchase or through the expiration date indicated above, whichever date comes first.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools’ policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.