When available, the Online Course format is included with the hard copy, eBook, or audio book formats!
Release Date: October 3, 2018
Expiration Date: October 31, 2021
This course provides learners with an overview of common pediatric mental health issues, including descriptions of the signs and symptoms for particular conditions, indicators of a psychiatric emergency, and appropriate treatment interventions for each case presented. Early diagnosis and intervention can critically affect positive outcomes of pediatric mental health disorders, making the accurate and comprehensive assessment of the pediatric patient’s mental health a crucial component of each pediatric examination.
- Describe the key components of a holistic pediatric mental health assessment.
- Discuss mental disorders found within the pediatric population.
- Identify psychiatric emergencies in children and adolescents.
Antoinette Towle, EdD, MSN, APRN, is an associate professor at Southern Connecticut State University Department of Nursing. She has been an American Nurses Credentialing Center board-certified pediatric and school health nurse practitioner since 1999, working for over 20 years with children and adolescents in a wide variety of community settings. Dr. Towle has extensive expertise working with children and adolescents with emotional and behavioral difficulties and in school-based health. She is currently teaching nursing to both undergraduate and graduate nursing students at Southern Connecticut State University.
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools’ policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.