When available, the Online Course format is included with the hard copy, eBook, or audio book formats!
Release Date: April 11, 2018
Expiration Date: June 30, 2020
The course is intended to assist nurses in providing care for older adult women. It is designed for nurses who wish to review, enhance, or expand their knowledge base and level of understanding of healthcare issues for older adult women. This educational offering is intended to provide information that serves as either a comprehensive review or an enhancement to the nurse’s present knowledge base of women’s health.
This course is an extraction of, and should not be taken in conjunction with, N1753 - Women's Health, 4th Edition (24 hours).
- Describe the special healthcare needs of women as they enter and go through the climacteric and menopausal periods and beyond.
- Describe the healthcare needs of women at risk for osteoporosis.
Rosemary Theroux, RNC, PhD, WHNP-BC, is a certified women’s health nurse practitioner and has practiced in a variety of clinical settings for more than 25 years. She is an associate professor in the Graduate School of Nursing at the University of Massachusetts-Worcester. She has conducted and published research in the area of women’s self-care decision making and women’s health practices in Africa. Dr. Theroux has a special interest in global women’s health. Along with other members of a nonprofit group, she has developed a primary care setting with women’s health services in Ghana, Africa.
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools’ policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.