When available, the Online Course format is included with the hard copy, eBook, or audio book formats!
Expiration Date: June 30, 2017
The Florida Nurse Practice Act sets forth the rules and regulations as they apply to nursing practice in the state of Florida. This course addresses important topics that affect nurses practicing in Florida, including ethical and legal issues and an overview of the American Nurses Association’s Scope and Standards of Practice for professional nurses.
Florida Nurses - This course fulfills your 2 hour laws and rules requirement.
Describe the legislative purpose for the Nurse Practice Act.
- Identify the pertinent levels of nursing practice in the state of Florida and the general scope of practice of each.
- Explain specific laws and rules related to the practice of nursing and nursing assisting.
- Discuss the general requirements for continuing licensure in the state of Florida.
- Differentiate between ethical and legal practice.
- Discuss application of the nursing process.
Lisa Gorski, MS, HHCNS-BC, CRNI, FAAN, has worked as a clinical nurse specialist in home health since 1985. She currently works for Wheaton Franciscan Home Health and Hospice in Milwaukee WI. She also serves on the Editorial Board for Home Healthcare Nurse and was a member of the American Nurses Association Congress on Nursing Practice and Economics from 2008-2012. Ms. Gorski has served as a consultant on over 25 legal cases as an expert witness and has presented nationally on the topic Reducing Your Risk for Liability. Ms. Gorski was inducted as a Fellow in the American Academy of Nursing in 2006 and was awarded the CNS of the Year award in 2011 by the National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists.
- Contact hours will be awarded for up to one (1) year from the date the course is ordered.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools’ policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.