When available, the Online Course format is included with the hard copy, eBook, or audio book formats!
Note: This course must be completed by 12/31/16. Contact hours will not be awarded beyond this date.
This continuing education course presents essential information about bipolar disorder including its epidemiology, signs and symptoms, causal and influential factors, assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning and treatment implementation, relapse prevention, and outcomes evaluation.
- Identify the symptoms and types of bipolar disorders.
- Describe causal and influential factors for bipolar disorder.
- Identify the criteria for a diagnosis of bipolar and related disorders.
- Explain treatment approaches for bipolar disorder.
- Describe ways to prevent relapse.
Teresa Mason, PhD, LCSWC, is a professor of social work at Gallaudet University in Washington, D.C. She received a BSW in 1987 from University of Maryland, an MSW from Gallaudet University in 1992, and a PhD from the School of Social Work at the University of Maryland at Baltimore in 2000. Dr. Mason has worked in the mental health field for more than 24 years, in inpatient and outpatient community centers, and in private practice settings. In addition to teaching graduate-level social work students, Dr. Mason works as a psychotherapist for a community service mental health agency. Her current publications and areas of research address the assessment of mental health needs in minority populations. Both Dr. Mason’s therapeutic practice and her academic research have focused on individuals with chronic mental illnesses, including bipolar disorder.
- Contact hours will be awarded for up to one (1) year from the date the course is ordered.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools’ policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.