When available, the Online Course format is included with the hard copy, eBook, or audio book formats!
Original Release Date: May 9, 2011
Review Date: May 7, 2014
Expiration Date: May 6, 2017
This course offers a comprehensive overview of the current knowledge on the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of oral cancer and its relationship to systemic diseases. Course participants will become familiar with the current understanding of oral cancer, techniques for early detection and diagnosis, evaluation of medical risk factors for patients with oral cancer, treatment modalities, systemic diagnoses that may present with oral malignant changes, and the role of oral health professionals in screening for oral cancer.
AGD Subject Code: 736
Western Schools designates this activity for 3 continuing education credits.
- Discuss the diagnosis, risk factors, and therapeutic options for oral cancer.
- Identify the indications of current screening tools for oral cancer and their applicability in practice.
- Describe the presentation of oral malignancy in relation to systemic disease.
- Explain the role of oral health workers in preventing and treating sequelae from oral cancer, from performing a thorough head and neck examination to facilitating interventions to improve function and quality of life
Andres Pinto, DMD, MPH, is an assistant professor in the Department of Oral Medicine and director of the Oral Medicine Center at the University of Pennsylvania, School of Dental Medicine. In addition, he is a member of the Division of Oral Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, a university associate at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, and a faculty member at University of Pennsylvania's Master of Public Health program.
- Courses must be completed within 1 year of the date of purchase or by the expiration date indicated above, whichever date comes first.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that the course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.