When available, the Online Course format is included with the hard copy, eBook, or audio book formats!
Release Date: March 5, 2019
Expiration Date: March 5, 2022
Most current dental school curricula do not give dental students the appropriate knowledge base and clinical eperience to treat OSA patient. This recently updated Intermediate-level course discusses the latest evidence-based diagnostic approaches for OSA and outlines recommeneded treatment strategies.
AGD Subject Code: 160
Western Schools designates this activity for 3 continuing education credits.
- Discuss the importance of sufficient sleep.
- Describe the prevalence, etiology, and risk factors associated with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
- Explain the clinical consequences of untreated OSA.
- Describe the screening and diagnosis of OSA.
- Identify the treatment options for OSA.
Jeffrey L. Tarlow, DDS, earned his doctorate in dental surgery from Case Western Reserve University School of Dentistry in Cleveland, Ohio, before pursuing a clinical fellowship in prosthetic dentistry at Harvard University School of Dental Medicine and a residency in fixed and removable prosthodontics at the Veterans Administration Outpatient Clinic in Boston. He served as a dentist for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for more than 40 years, and for 34 of those years he was a staff prosthodontist. Dr. Tarlow was director of the General Practice Residency Program at the Manhattan campus of the Department of Veterans Affairs New York Harbor Healthcare System from 1985 to 2016. Dr. Tarlow was a peer reviewer for The International Journal of Prosthodontics for 5 years and a principal investigator for two major dental implant clinical research studies; he has had 13 articles published in peer-reviewed journals. Dr. Tarlow has lectured extensively on restorative and implant treatment for the geriatric patient.
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools’ policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.