Lasers in Dentistry: From Fundamentals to Clinical Procedures, Updated 1st Edition
Kindle Fire|Amazon Kindle Fire
Barnes & Noble Nook Color
Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Opus
Gnu/Linux Operating System
Pocketbook 301 Plus, 302, 360°
When available, the Online Course format is included with the hard copy, eBook, or audio book formats!
Original Release Date: January 13, 2012
Review Date: January 12, 2015
Expiration Date: January 11, 2018
This course provides all members of the dental team with an overview of the basic operation of a dental laser. How laser energy interacts with oral tissues is discussed and different laser instruments currently available in the field of dentistry are described. The course outlines safety regulations for laser use and provides a comparison of the benefits and drawbacks for the practitioner of using lasers. Several clinical procedures are described with photo documentation to further enhance the learning process.
AGD Subject Code: 260
Western Schools designates this activity for 2 continuing education credits.
- Discuss the evolving use of lasers in the field of dentistry and their fundamental components.
- Explain how lasers interact with oral tissues.
- Describe the lasers currently available for use in dentistry and their specific clinical applications.
- Identify recommended laser safety protocols.
- Recognize the benefits and drawbacks of using lasers in dentistry.
- Discuss the use of lasers in various dental specialties.
Donald J. Coluzzi, DDS, is a health science clinical professor in the Department of Preventive and Restorative Dental Sciences at the University of California, San Francisco, School of Dentistry. Dr. Coluzzi received his DDS from the University of Southern California School of Dentistry in 1970 and was in general practice for more than 35 years. He is a charter member and past president of the Academy of Laser Dentistry (ALD), the current editor-in-chief of the Journal of Laser Dentistry, a Fellow of the American College of Dentists, and a Master of the Academy of Laser Dentistry. The ALD presented him with the 1999 Leon Goldman Award for clinical excellence and the 2006 Distinguished Service Award. Dr. Coluzzi has used dental lasers since early 1991 and has earned Advanced Proficiency in Nd:YAG and Er:YAG wavelengths. He has presented about lasers worldwide, co-authored two books, contributed textbook chapters, and published several peer-reviewed articles.
- Courses must be completed within 1 year of the date of purchase or by the expiration date indicated above, whichever date comes first.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that the course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.