Spousal and Partner Abuse: Cultural Factors and Community Resources
Kindle Fire|Amazon Kindle Fire
Barnes & Noble Nook Color
Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Opus
Gnu/Linux Operating System
Pocketbook 301 Plus, 302, 360°
When available, the Online Course format is included with the hard copy, eBook, or audio book formats!
This course examines the scope and health consequences of intimate partner violence. Spousal or partner abuse in a cultural context including a cultural framework for understanding partner violence and cultural influences that promote and inhibit intimate partner violence are also included. This course discusses healthcare responses to intimate partner violence including lessons learned from intervention programs and how to promote nonviolent relationships. A helpful list of resources in included at the end of the course.
Social workers receive 3 (Clinical Content) continuing education clock hours in participating in this course.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the scope of intimate partner violence.
- Identify health consequences of intimate partner violence.
- Identify a cultural framework for understanding partner violence.
- Demonstrate knowledge of cultural influences that promote and inhibit intimate partner violence.
- Demonstrate knowledge of healthcare responses to intimate partner violence.
- Identify ways to promote nonviolent relationships.
- Contact hours will be awarded for up to one (1) year from the date the course is ordered.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools’ policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.